I was not aware of the distance between Bangalore and Chennai and was surprised to know that it was merely 6 hrs by train (How can there be so much difference in the temperature of two places that are just next to each other). Anyways, continuing our journey by train we reached Chennai by 5:00am and had to wake up (the worst part of a night journey and you cannot refute me on this). After reaching the desired hotel we took a long 7hr sleep and finally came to life. We decided to visit a nearby beach in order to avoid killing our time watching TV and I deeply regret for being among those who planned for it. As somebody told us that the beach was nearby, we preferred taking a bus rather than a cab. So now we left our hotel for good and started walking towards the nearby bus stand. The distance we travelled walking, was no less than a "kilometer" and the sun was shining so intensely that for the first time in my life i wished it had not existed. I could clearly see the mirage everywhere, the earth was boiling hot and somehow, finally we managed to reach the bus stand alive. This was not the end of our suffering rather a beginning. We reached the beach named "Besant Nagar Beach" about which we were told that it was around 3 kms from our hotel and it was no less than 10 (How accurate). Beach was ordinary, sunlight at its peak, burning hot sand, no trees and dirty water while rest everything was fine (Welcome to Chennai).
Now our colleague (The Groom) called us to have lunch together and we were more than happy to end our miserable sight seeing under the sun. We had our lunch and returned back to our hotel and started getting ready to attend the marriage (our purpose of visit to Chennai). The arrangements in the marrriage were above expectations and we enjoyed every moment of it.
For the next day my mates and I were having different plans. My plan was to meet my college friends who were residing in chennai since past 1 month and were still surviving and my mates were planning to visit Mahabalipuram, a place 30kms away from Chennai. Next morning I went to the place where my friends were residing. It always feels good to meet your old friends after a long time and I felt the same. I went to a beach again with my friends but it was decent one this time may be because it was a private beach. We had loads of fun there remembering our old days and time went by just like that.
Then came the end of our Chennai trip. We boarded the same train we came from and started our journey back to Benguluru.
One special moment was about to come for me and it was my "Birthday". I turned 23 while I was in the train :).
My colleagues were ready to take their revenge with me for all the bad things I had done to them and ignoring all of my good. As the clock ticked 12, one of my colleagues got up and gave me a firm punch on my back as if practicing for a boxing match; this is a time when you cannot do anything but relinquish because if you try to retaliate, people are going to hit you more. So here I was, bearing the pain in my back and smiling.
Now people started calling me on my phone, in order to wish me on my b'day and this went on for an hour or so (I was happy that most of my friends still remember my b'day although I know most of them might have realized that, only after viewing my b'day on orkut, but who cares, atleast they called me up at 12 :)). So, finally we reached Benguluru and our TRIP TO CHENNAI came to an end.
1 comment:
He is so happy that most of his frenz remembered his bday and wished him at 12. Though he tends to forget the same when he is on the other side!!!
p.s. u can't expect me to keep shut when u do this to me!!!! ;)
Post a Comment